Anger Issues in [Kids/Home] How to Control Anger Management
Feeling of violent and anger acting out may be related to many basal difficulties like depression, anxiety, mental health problem, addictions. Anger a basic emotions or irrational reactions that everybody experienced from time to time. There are several emotions behind anger reaction – According to Paul Ekman’s research basic emotions associated – Fear, Happiness, Sadness, Disgust, Surprise.
Violent acting due to various difficulties due to anxiety, addictions, mental health issues, depression. As well as low self esteem, mistrust, relationship issues.
- What is Anger? Type of anger.
- What are Anger Issues & how to manage?
- How to manage anger in Childs?
Signs of Anger
- Always have to win an argument
- Can not take criticism
- very short fuse
- Hold Grudges
- Other say you have an anger problem
Anger in Kids a serious problem – Children with oppositional defiant disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, anxiety, depression struggle to regulate their emotions.
Type of Anger disorder –
Passive anger – reaction doesn’t always come across as anger and very difficult to identify.
Chronic anger – prolonged, it can impact on health & immune system, can cause of other mental disorders
Overwhelmed anger – It mainly caused by life demands and others issues
Self Inflicted anger – Directed toward self & it caused by feelings of guilt or other emotions
Volatile Anger – which involves sometimes spontaneous bouts of excessive or violent anger.
Judgemental Anger – directed towards others and mainly come with feeling of unfairly.
Kids younger than 4 have nine tantrums per week with episode of kicking, crying, stomping, hitting and pushing that last 5-10 minutes. Most kids outgrows their behaviour by kindergarten. Whose tantrums continue with age Children, not appropriate and cause problems with peers, school, family & professional help may be order. According to study anger issues are most common problem or reason kids get referred for mental health treatment.
First line of treatment for childhood anger is Behavioural Intervention. Some therapy cum treatment are very helpful to manage aggression in kids.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – There are three pronged approaches that helps a child acquire effective strategies for management or anger emotions.
- Emotion Regulations
- Learning Alternate ways to address frustration.
- Developing new communication strategies.
Emotion Regulation – During this process kids allows to learn to identify anger triggers and preventive strategies cum methods.
Learning Alternate ways to address frustration help kids as well as parent weigh consequences of each choice & curtail conflicts.
Developing new communication strategies – resolve anger provoking situations, role play practice.
How to Control Anger
PMT Method (Parent Management Techniques) Teaching alternative ways to handle misbehavior. It helps parent limit outbursts. It focus on using positive augmentation for what a kid does right to, rather than punishment. This technique enhance positive interaction in families, enjoying spending time together. PMT technique becomes a kid’s motivation & help to reducing angry outburst.
There are various techniques to tame your anger at home ?
- Think before you speak
- Identify possible solutions
- Once you are calm, express your anger – As soon you think clearly, just express your emotions or frustration. State your concern and needs, without hurting anyone.
- Some Exercise – Physical activity & exercise really help to reduce anger or stress, If you feel anger escalating, go for walk, run or some good physical activities.
- Take a timeout – Take some short breaks. some moments of quiet time might helps you feel better prepared to handle without angry or irritated.
- Stick with I statement – Use I statement to describe problem without blaming others. Be specific and respectful.
- Don’t hold a grudge – Forgiveness a powerful tool, this may help anger & other feelings to crowd out positive feelings. Swallowed up your bitterness or sense of injustice.
- Use humor to release tension.
- Practice relaxation skills – Deep breathing exercise, repeat calming word or phrase, listening music.
- Know when to seek help
Details about – ICC World Cup Prize Money
Read more about – How to control anger
For more about shows & health issues save alertform.com. All details will be available in a single click